Location: Homabay with 25% travel to other VF Sites
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Are you looking for rapid professional development in on of Kenya’s fastest-growing companies? Victory Farms is recruiting a Refrigeration Technician in the Maintenance Department. This is an opportunity to help contribute to the development of
an organization that aims to be a sustainable leader in large-scale aquaculture production. Professionally, you would be
joining a business with ever-growing opportunities and responsibilities, providing a profound exposure to a high-growth
Refrigeration Technician Role:
In this role your primary responsibility will be to handle the installation and maintenance of Victory Farms’ refrigeration system and components, including ice machines, cold rooms and reefers by charging the refrigerants and ensuring proper cold storage through routine maintenance to maintain cold parameters.
Others will include but not limited to:
Responsible for processing and completing work orders.
- Installing new refrigeration systems, troubleshooting mechanical failures, performing equipment maintenance
and diagnosing faults using specialized testing equipment where necessary.
- Respond to, diagnose, and resolve refrigeration emergencies at the Farm, as well as the company’s Logistical
- Inspecting reefers, cold rooms, reefer trucks and other refrigeration equipment for proper performance.
- Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on cold storage equipment and reefer trucks.
- Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to management and will be required to advise on equipment upgrades
and alternate cooling units.
Skills and qualifications:
- Diploma in Refrigeration Technician or related Fields
- 4+ Years of experience in Cold Storage Parameters, including Cold Rooms, Refrigeration Systems, Reefers and
- Adept in Electronic and Mechanical Knowledge on Cold storage Parameters
- Knowledge in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing refrigeration equipment
- Braising and soldering skills.
- Knowledge of local building codes.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and compliance schematics.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy equipment.
- Visibility into the world’s fastest-growing aquaculture company.
- Ideal for a candidate looking to dive into a mission-oriented Organization.
- The team is committed to the candidate’s success and will provide coaching, mentorship, and unique exposure to
people and experiences that come from the most successful leaders in the entrepreneurial community and the
About Victory Farms
Victory Farms (VF) was established on Lake Victoria in 2016 with both on-shore and off-shore facilities. The head office is in Nairobi, and its Farm site is in Homa Bay County, with distribution across Kenya. VF has since become one of the fastest-growing companies in aquaculture globally – in its first eight months of operation, the Company became the largest aquaculture producer in Kenya. Victory Farms aims to become the leading tilapia farm in Africa over the next 5 years while maintaining the highest environmental and social standards; as the most sustainable tilapia farm in the world, adhering to global standards and best practices, and producing affordable, sustainable protein to feed millions of people across Africa. Today, it is the largest commercial aquaculture player in East Africa and operates one of the largest hatcheries on the continent.
The Company is continuing to rapidly expand its vertically integrated model: production, processing, and sales & distribution, to keep pace with the rapid growth in demand for protein. To support this, Victory Farms employs world-class technologies, people, and processes to build its model for sustainable protein production on the continent. VF strives for the highest standards in performance, execution, culture, and integrity.
VF’s growth trajectory provides an enormous opportunity for excited professionals to uplift their careers and make an impact within a diverse operation. We recognize the utmost importance that contributions by individuals and teams have to the success of Victory Farms. We work to create a fantastic environment for our employees. An environment where employees have an opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
Please send a CV and cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline
for application is 13th February 2024
Clearly indicate the subject: Refrigeration Technician