VICTORY FARMS KENYA:
Victory Farms aims to be the most sustainable fish platform on the planet while it scales to feed 2 billion
Africans in the coming 2 decades. Currently, VF is sub-Saharan Africa’s fastest growing fish platform and
the largest Fish platform in East Africa. We have operations on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria, and
distribution capacity throughout Kenya. At the same time, we build operations in Lake Kivu in Rwanda as well through
our sister company Kivu Choice. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution,
culture, and integrity, with best-in-class talent from across the globe.
Marine Boat Technician (Homa Bay)
The Marine Boat Technician will be responsible for support of marine planning and serviceability of
boats / Badges/ Patrol Boats and standby generators in the assigned station.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Operation of all equipment and machinery onboard
- Carrying daily preventive maintenance of main engines and auxiliaries
- Carries out pre-lake checks and post-lake checks
- maintain daily engine room logbooks/registers
- Mount motors to boats and operate boats at various speeds on waterways to conduct
- Update Fleetio (Management systems) with hours treading for each engine.
- Participates in stock take, and cycle counts of inventory as may be assigned.
- Machinery watchkeeping.
- Report defects to the supervisor/manager and maintain defects register for individual
equipment in Fleetio (management systems).
- Carries out daily user checks of all machinery and accessories onboard.
- Proper housekeeping of all machinery and machinery spaces.
- Support marine enforcement operations.
- Perform other relevant tasks as instructed by the Lake Logistics Manager.
- At least 3 year’s work experience in a similar role
- Diploma /Certificate in Marine Engineering or related field – Essential.
- Degree in Marine Engineering or related field – Desirable.
- Certification inboard and outboard marine engine maintenance – Desirable.
- Basic Knowledge of International Maritime Organization. – Desirable
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of outboard engine maintenance.
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of marine engines/equipment
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Adaptability to change.
- Team Player.
- Time management.
- Good interpersonal skills
To apply, please send your updated CV of no more than two pages to firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating the job title “Marine Boat Technician” as the subject.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.